Friday, August 23, 2024

Lay Mission Get-Together

The one event missionaries enjoy is meeting and spending time with other expats. It provides some comfort especially if you are the only expat at your site. I am glad to share that this weekend. I was able to meet two returning short stay expats in another district, the Codas. The Jennings, who are long stay missionary family in another village within the same Diocese were also invited to this weekend getaway.

We first went to St. Francis Hospital in Mutolere to visit the Codas and met expats from Germany while there. During the overnight stay we enjoyed great home cooked food which reminded us of our homeland. The fellowship was pleasant during the time spent there. Here is a photo of us after celebrating Sunday mass.

 


It was nice visiting different areas of the country and participate in sight seeing. Our next journey, which was adventures, had a few bumps but all in all fun. We traveled to Lake Mutanda. The lodge has tents and house tree rooms. Very Unique! So technically my first time I slept overnight in a tent. We were able to walk on trails and take a boat tour. 

 



I am glad that I was invited. It allowed me to learn more about the Uganda culture. Here are a few pictures of the Jennings and myself at the lake.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Halfway There

Education Department Here We Go! We are in a good place now! I am happy to state that all of the execution and administration for establis...